Fleece is a synthetic material made of polyester fibers. It was invented for cold-protective clothing manufacturing in 1979.
Production technology is simple: non-woven polyester fabric is placed on a flat surface, and then it is rolled with rollers dotted with numerous small hooks. Hooks break the non-woven material integrity forming a resistant nap and numerous tiny air-cavities inside the fabric structure. Air which fills the cavities is an excellent heat insulator. Consequently, we get a new material with a unique set of properties called — fleece.
Fleese basic properties
- Light weight (polyester — is a light fiber).
- Good «breathing» properties.
- No special care required (machine washable).
- Quick dry.
- Highly insulating (even when it is wet).
- Not subject to biodeterioration.
- Additionally, high-quality fleece undergoes an anti-pilling treatment preventing nap pilling and retaining the material properties.